Top Hybrid and Top Electric Cars
Trying to figure out which kind of car you want? Hybrid? Electric? Let our professionals at our Union Auto Program help you find your match!
What Is an Electric Car?
Just as the name implies, electric cars, or “EVs,” run on electric motors powered by electricity from batteries or a fuel cell. While conventional vehicles run on gasoline or diesel-powered engines, EVs can be recharged by being plugged in.
Benefits of Electric Cars
There are many benefits to choosing electric cars over conventional cars running on gasoline. These benefits are why more and more car companies have electric car options.
Benefits of Electric Cars:
- They are better for the environment
- They are quieter than gasoline cars
- There are tax credits available for owners
- Some places have special highway lanes for electric cars
What Is a Hybrid Car?
Hybrid cars aren’t too different from EVs, but they blend both electric and conventional cars. Hybrids combine at least one electric motor and a gasoline engine in the car, which means less gasoline is burned, thus achieving better fuel economy. In addition, having the electric component can boost specific performances.
Types of Hybrid Cars:
- Parallel Hybrid: The most common design. The transmission blends both power sources and can be automatic or manual.
- Series Hybrid: In this design, the electric motor or motors provide the thrust, and there is no connection between the engine and wheels. The gas motor in this design is only there to recharge the battery.
- Plug-In Hybrid: This design amplifies the traditional hybrid. It has a larger battery pack that still needs to be charged. This battery pack can be charged at home, the office, or at available public chargers.
Check Us Out
Interested in buying a hybrid or electric car? Check out our wide selection of vehicles and let our team help you find the right car for you.